As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. 1 Peter 4:10.
As Christians we are called to a life of service which is an offering to God and a witness of His grace to all around us. Although opportunities of service in the community and world are limitless, at Mt. Calvary most acts of service are seen in five major areas.
- Worship – Altar Committee, music (choir, solos, praise band), usher, elder, sound and video, service slide design, bulletin design and assembling, etc.
- Building Maintenance – Trustees, gardening, repair, shoveling, renovation, etc.
- Education – Sunday School teacher, Mid-Week school teacher, teacher-aide, childcare (babysitting) during services and events, Sunday school lesson setup, puppetry, etc.
- Church Administration – Mission Leadership Council, Board of Elders, Board of Trustees
- Care – Martha Society (LWML), Caring Cupboard, PMCA Charity Fund (see under Care Ministry)