As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. 1 Peter 4:10.
As Christians we are called to a life of service which is an offering to God and a witness of His grace to all around us. Although opportunities of service in the community and world are limitless, at Mt. Calvary most acts of service are seen in five major areas.
- Worship – Altar Committee, music (choir, solos, praise band), usher, elder, sound and video, service slide design, bulletin design and assembling, etc.
- Building Maintenance – Trustees, gardening, repair, shoveling, renovation, etc.
- Education – Sunday School teacher, Mid-Week school teacher, teacher-aide, childcare (babysitting) during services and events, Sunday school lesson setup, puppetry, etc.
- Church Administration – Mission Leadership Council, Board of Elders, Board of Trustees
The Church Elders care for members in need by praying for them and assisting the pastors in visits to the sick and shut-ins.
The Visitation Team are members who make regular visits to Christians in retirement homes and hospitals.
- If you are interested in serving on the Visitation Team, please contact Bob Ide.
- If you or a loved one are sick or hospitalized, please contact the Church Office to be included in prayers and visited by a pastor.
The Martha Society
Mission: The objective of Martha Society is to foster Christian love, fellowship, and solidarity of the women in our congregation. We serve and support the congregation in its active mission program and are willing to help in every undertaking and activity.
All women of the congregation are welcome to participate. One of their ministries is to serve lunch for funerals.